Monday 7 April 2014

A spring look (for writers or non writers)

I am taking inventory of my spring wardrobe. This involves taking everything out of the wardrobe, seeing what I actually have and will wear, getting rid of things I used to wear but now don't, and dealing with any missing buttons or mystery stains. Once I've done that I can see what I need and then, best part, buy new stuff!

I have two main ambitions: I want a pair of sport-luxe trousers - this trend has been around for years, surely I can get on board now - and I want to not wear black.  Oh, and I would also like a statement necklace and a couple of pairs of great, stylish flats. I am so over heels and I have it on no less an authority than Stylist magazine that 'The heel is dead'. (Mind you, they also said chick lit is dead, so here's hoping they're not always right).

So here's my more realistic version of last week's Elle mag 'writer's wardrobe'. All of these except the shoes are from Atterley Road - my favourite place to click compulsively of an evening:


Featherweight colour block top, Great Plains, £25


Breeze necklace, Becksondergaard, £40


Elan blue print trousers, Baum und Pferdgarten £65




Hotel Image brogues from Clark's, £65


1 comment:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of nicola-doherty blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete